The U.S. Consulate in Surabaya provides services to American citizens needing a new passport or passport card, or visa pages added to an existing passport. For all services, please remember to make an appointment.
U.S. passport renewals for adults, the following are required:
- Your most recent U.S. Passport, issued since your 16th birthday and within the last 15 years;
- Passport application form DS-82 (the blue form, available at the Consular Section or online by clicking here);
- One recent photo, 2x2 inches (5x5 centimeters), taken against a white background.
- Your Social Security number, if issued; and
- A fee of US$110 in cash (payable in Indonesian Rupiah).
First U.S. passport for U.S. citizens over age 16, the following are required:
- Proof of U.S. citizenship (e.g. an original or certified copy of a U.S. birth certificate, or a U.S. naturalization certificate, or a U.S. certificate of citizenship, or Consular Report of birth abroad);
- Proof of identity (e.g. valid photo identification issued by a State or the U.S. Government);
- Passport application form DS-11 (available at the Consular Section or online by clicking here);
- One recent photo, 2x2 inches (5 x 5 cm), taken on a white background;
- Your Social Security number, if issued;
- Fee of US$135 in cash (US$105 for children under 16).
U.S. passport for a minor (under the age of 16):
- Passport application form DS-11 (available at the Consular Section or by clicking here);
- Birth certificate with parent's names;
- Children under the age of sixteen should appear in person with both parents. If only one parent executes the application, that parent must establish sole authority to execute the application or the other parent's notarized written consent to the application. A parent who will be absent must fill out in advance form DS-3053 (available at the Consular Section or online by clicking here);
• Fee of US$105 in cash (payable in Indonesian Rupiah).
Adding additional visa pages to your valid U.S. Passport:
- A completed and signed form DS-4085 is required (available at the Consular Section or online by clicking here).
- A fee of US$82 in cash (payable in Indonesian Rupiah).
The process usually takes less than one hour if done in Surabaya. If a representative will bring your passports and/or your child’s passport to the Consulate, please make sure the representative brings signed authorization letters from both of you, a valid photo ID, and the signed application.
Note: When applying for visa pages for a child who is under 16, both parents must sign the application; or the absent parent must fill out in advance form DS-3053 (the yellow form, available at the Consular Section or online by clicking here). It is not required that the child appear in person. However, a Consular officer may request further documentation if there are concerns about the identity of the child or the relationship between the parents.
NOTE: Effective January 1, 2016, the Department will eliminate the consular service of supplemental 24-page Visa Page Inserts (VPIs) for passports. To mitigate the impact of this coming change, applicants at overseas posts will begin to routinely receive 52-page passports starting October 1, 2014. Requests for VPIs on Form DS-4085 will only be accepted for current passports until December 31, 2015.
Consular fees for American citizen services such as passports, reports of birth, and notary services may be paid either in Indonesian rupiah or by credit card. The Consulate accepts Visa, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards. Credit Card payments must be tendered in person. All credit card transactions are processed in U.S. dollars.